[Tutorial] General’s Cape
Wire Framed Cape.
Been a long time since i’ve done a tutorial post!
This is actually upgraded from the Dracula cape which i made long time ago.
Stuff you need
1) Scrap paper (I used an A4 sized piece)
2) Wires used in Fake Flowers (Soft and malleable wires will do)
3) SPVA Glue (White craft Glue)
4) Black Cloth
5) Red Felt
2 ) Roughly trace the Outline of the cape on a scrap piece of paper, with the figma infront.
3 ) Cut the Shape out and finalize the dimensions. (As long as it looks good, you are fine.)
(Steps 1-3 are ripped off from the Dracula Cape tutorial)
In this case, i did not make a dracula cape, but instead just a normal plain cape
4) Create the wire frame. Take 2 sheets of paper and sandwich the wires between them.
5) Apply an adequate amount of glue to stick them together.
It should look like this.
7) Stick the wire frame onto the black cloth.
8 ) Cut the cloth to shape, make sure that you have excess cloth on the sides as we will be wrapping the cloth onto the wire frame.
11) Cut the excess cloth on the corners which appear during the wrapping process.